Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baskin Robbins' flavor savor

Grace to you which passes your understanding.  My first question is....  What happened in Norway?!?!  This nutjob rents a truck, loads it up with fertilizer (my people tell me it was Scott's Turf Builder), some diesel fuel and a detonating device...  Drive it to a building and KaBoom!  Not like the playground KaBoom! but the KaBoom KaBoom.  Mayhem everywhere.  Body parts flying around, etc...  Another OKC type event.  Remember lost child McVey - I think McVey and Breivik were having conversations from the Dark Side. 

Then Breivik goes to Fantasy Island to shoot up a bunch of vacationers, tourists and campers.  SO not cool.  Last I heard it was a lot of people shot up....  Mr. Roarke is not a happy camper.  Neither am I.  Kind to think of it... I don't know who's more upset - me or him.  Why is it these nutjobs have such issues with the government and the "religious right?"  I mean seriously.....  Which brings me to my next topic of discussion.

Did you know Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield along with Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins have many flavors of ice cream?  So many that they can't even make them all at the same time, nor do they want to.  Some of them were outright horrible.  Have you been to Ben and Jerry's little creamery in Vermont?  They have a graveyard full of flavors that pretty much sucked.  So they don't make them anymore.  Burt and Irv have all sorts of great flavors, but their display case freezers only hold 31 flavors.  Actually, that's impossible because the freezer is two deep, meaning they gotsta have to 32 flavors.  Maybe they're counting the new soft serve in the Taylor machine on the counter?  I dunno.  Kinda think of it, in his later years, Burt grew a little flavor saver (Jerry had one long before he started making ice cream).  The reason for this was all about the sampling of the latest concoctions.  Say for example, they came up with a peanut butter blend of ice cream.  They'd get some dribble on the flavor saver to same after dinner to see how it 'finished off' meals.  Worked out rather well.  

Less I digress.....

All these people worship me.  Then there are the other people (if you can call them that) gung ho on that Allah guy - what a loser.

Less I digress again....

So my worshippers.  We've got this Tower of Babel thing going on.  All these different variations on a theme by Jesus.  There's some story added to my self help guide for successful living about the tower eventually falling because there was conflict between the variations - kinda like playing Jenga with Jesus?!?!  

Well brothers and sisters...  I'm here to tell you I and my movement are best compared to ice cream.  My ADD is acting*SQUIRREL*up.  Argh.  Ice cream.  The believers love the stuff.  Some of my franchisor's serve it and it's a hit with everyone, especially the fatties and the kids.  Some of them should start eating frozen yogurt.  

Dangit.  Less I digress..

Ice cream.  It's all about ice cream.  I got my own truck.  Do you like it?  I do.  Well, except for the melted cone on the roof....

See - all ice cream is made with a foundation of creme, milk, eggs, sugar and some butter.   Whip it together with some flavoring, freeze and wahlah...  Icecream.  You can add nearly everything into the foundation to make a new flavor.  Like mangos and vanilla wafers mixed with black licorice for example.  It may be yucky to some, but the flavor has a cult like following.  Go figure.  

Here's the thing.  My movement is a lot like a bowel....  Oops, I mean bowl...  I don't care what flavor you're eating just as long as the base is solid.  Creme, milk, eggs and sugar.  Or in my case, peace, love and forgiveness.  If you got the basics, you can't go wrong.  The basic ingredients make it (and me) what it is.  Get it?!?!

Now if you go somewhere and they're trying to pawn off Gelato.  I hate to tell you.  Gelato is not ice cream.  It is lacking a key ingredient...  Butter.  See - someone altered my base and it doesn't even resemble what it started out to be.  Let's be clear...  Gelato is NOT ice cream.  Gelato is a cold, fluffy, whipped hot steamy mess.  If you're looking to play with fluffy and whipped, use whipped cream.  Katy and I love playing with the stuff - as do most couple looking to spice things up.  

So, the gist of our conversation is I don't care what flavor of ice cream you eat.  Just as long as you eat me Ice cream made with pureness.  

Love the frozen one - Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment