Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Why Hello Chilren?  Word Up.  Today is Valentine's Day.  That special day to celebrate the person of your affection.  Your significant life partner.  Someone you love, etc.  

I did some independent research...  I discovered only 40% of you actually enjoy today.  You fall into two categories...  the married and the dating folk.

The other 60% of you hate today.  Either you got dumped, you're single and you wanna be married.  Or, you're married and want to be single.  Either way, a 60% dissatisfaction rate is...  disturbing to say the least...

I can't help it if the mortals have been trying to force relationships with others that simply were not meant to be.  A lot of people are flat out not-compatible with one another.  As I think about it, there has to be a shared ideology on how the world works and what's important.  For some it is a common employer.  For others it is, dare I say religion.  Everyone knows my disdain for club catlick.  They confuse things originally meant to be so simple.  I don't get it....

Less I digress....  So, there has to be some sort of shared vision for the world.  A democrat and a republican don't match.  Nor does an Aggie and a Longhorn.  The biggest mismatch would be a baptist to a non-baptist or a mormon to a non-mormon, etc.  You get the idea...

Anyway, it takes a special chemistry and commitment to make a relationship work.  No one is perfect.  Not even me.  I'm pretty close, but every so often, I goof.  Less I digress...

Obviously, I love all my children.  Nearly 7 billion of you.  I love you for who you are, who I made you to be and who you will become as you spend time on project Earth.  

Even though I think you're all perfect, I think there is a good chance you see one another, to a greater or lesser degree, as flawed.  That's not cool....  Everyone tries their best with what they've got. 

So...  Here's my challenge.  In order to love another, see them as I intended them to be seen.  Blow your mind and look at your fellow mortals through my eyes.  You'll be amazed at what you see in your fellow mortals.

That concludes today's devotion.

Now that I got that over with, Mary and I are going to celebrate with a conjugal visit.  

Don't me knockin' when the van's a-rockin.

Love, J-Dawg.

No comments:

Post a Comment