Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What is worship?

Hello brothers and sisters -

What exactly does worship mean?  The dictionary describes it as an expression of reverence and adoration for a deity (that'd be me).

Someone in the secular world has cracked our model for the contemporary worship service we've licensed to our franchise organizations.  Have a looksie:


"Sunday's Coming" Movie Trailer from North Point Media on Vimeo.

Sooner or later it was bound to happen.  This information is like someone exposing the top-secret recipe for Coca-Cola.  Or the way Colonel Sanders would feel if someone posted his original recipe.  I understand how Brother Jobe felt when someone recently revealed his iphone prototype.   All this proprietary information being exposed giving away our market advantage.  Can you believe how low some people will stoop.  Makes me sick.

At any rate, now you know how we craft the perfect worship experience and toy with your emotions and your feelings to draw you closer to me and plant that seed to become a member of our little club.  The lights, the sounds, the people we have doing the presentation....  It's all one big, beautifully choreographed work of art.  Presented just for you.  As a gift from me.  Just as the day is my present to you.  But the worship service - it's a special treat.  I hope you enjoy it wherever you choose to worship me.

Love!

Jesus!

PS - We are slowly doing away with the 'traditional' worship model.  The pipe organs and funeral hymns have got to go.  Pretty soon all the sheep who see that as enhancing their relationship with me will fall off the Earth and we can finally move to a single worship model.  One size fits all.  That's the way I like it.  Pure and simple.  If it has more than 3 moving pieces, throw it away.  It's too complicated.

I honor the place where your need for complexity and my gift of simplicity become one.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment