Thursday, May 6, 2010

Word to the sheep. Man, this day of prayer thing is tough on the
senses. People are chanting, writing prayers in the form of letters,
meeting in small groups, blahblahblah.

Seriously though, this influx of praying is giving me a headache. It's
a lit like those new years resolutions. People are doing it because
there's a special day. Fear not, just like the gym, things will be
back to how they were in less than a month. You'll have your god back
and I'll have my sanity.

I should be overjoyed with the influx of prayers. Well, I would be if
these amateurs weren't stinking it up. It's as bad as the cheasters
coming to church twice a year.

What do I mean by amateur? Take Tommy and Jessica for example. Tommy-
I can't really do anything to help you beat that video game. You've
got to practice for that. Jessica, I can't make your Mommy and Daddy
stay married. They hate eachother and that's the way it is. Divine
intervention won't work in these situations. Deal with it and move on.

Maybe we should look at this as an opportunity to get new members in
our little club? Nah, this is just an excuse for the over zealous to
go even further over the edge.

So, pray away. Just remember, I don't have time to answer all your
prayers. I'll get to the ones I find interesting or novel. The rest of
you will be stuck waiting for an answer or thinking I've somehow
answered and dealing with the answer you got. I love this game.

Like the old saying goes...

Grace to all which passes all human understanding.

Suckers.
------
Sent from my mobile device.

No comments:

Post a Comment