Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Talk Show Circuit?

Pope Lavartheus Lemillius I has been working with the morning show producers and encouraging me to do the morning talk show circuit.  It's a great way for me to get my message out to all those participating in the rat race.  You know - the one's watching television while they are eating breakfast and getting ready to go to work.  Of course, this time should be spent in prayer and devotional study to focus your world on my world. 


Doing the morning show gig seems like a good idea - it'll get your mind set on things outside this earthly world and on to more important things - like our relationship with each other and your relationship to the world.  It puts me on TV on other days besides Sunday and allows me to use their media delivery system without having to take money from the church's coffers to do the same thing.  Sounds like a pretty solid business move.  Any kind of publicity is good publicity.  Free publicity is the best publicity.


Now begins the process of deciding which morning show to appear.  Programs like CNN, Headline News, MSNBC are not attractive to me because cable service is required to receive their programming.  Well, maybe that is not such a bad idea as it helps us reach our target demographic....  The 700 club is a bad move.  Brother Robertson has been running his mouth and spewing all this nonsense about Haiti, abortion and the like.  Besides, all the fundies already watch his sorry excuse for religious programming and they are to me what the yellow dogs are to the democrats.


Mainstream media is where we could have the best impact.  I don't like Matt Lauer OR Katie Couric so NBC's Today show is out.  I can't think of any reason for anyone to watch the CBS's Early Show.  So, I'm thinking ABC's Good Morning America is the one.  When I was a small boy, I have fond memories starting my early days on Earth watching Good Morning America.  GMA is home to the legends - David Hartman was the man, Joan Lunden (Satan says she's hot), Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer.  That new guy George Stephananopoulos could use some savin' - so we will probably go with that.  Plus, ABC also has the ABC Family channel and is owned by Disney and they make wholesome family entertainment in all media markets.


More as this progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment