Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What happens in Vegas...

...  Stays in Vegas.  Man, I'm wiped.  It's Wednesday and I just now have the energy to report on our trip.


Moses and the tablets would have been laughed at had we unveiled the commandments in Las Vegas.  The city contradicts every one of my principles for living the good life.  The question that begs to be answered is how do we live the life without falling short.  It's impossible - I made it that way - it's the ultimate game show challenge where there will never, ever be a winner.  Even I was tempted in Vegas, and there may have been one or two minor transgressions.  I'm only human.  That's the beauty of being me - automatic forgiveness without having to ask.  Love it!  Anyway, Vegas is a city built by Satan and, sad to say, he controls it.  It's the one place in the world for Him to focus all his energies and hone his craft.

Faith in me and the strength I give will be tried in many places.  Remember, I died for every single one of your transgressions.  It's not a get out of jail free card for the mortals to run amuck.  My death is a reminder that I carry your burdens once you have asked for forgiveness.  I take those burdens from you and make you clean again.  It is really quite simple.  I give you strength and lead you not into temptation.  Satan leads you to that temptation.  Discipline and trust in me is the key.  

Remember the "Just Say No" campaign for drugs?  We started that back in the day when the bible was being crafted.  Alas, modern man has taken a universal truth to resist the temptation of evil and trivially compartmentalized it to drugs.  Seriously - life is about resisting the temptation against those evil things.  Yes, everyone falls short when compared to my glory.  It happens.  Forgive those who trespass against you just as I forgive your trespasses.   I love you.  Nothing will ever change that love.  I will love you for ever and ever.  Amen.

- Jesus
  

No comments:

Post a Comment