Monday, March 8, 2010

Chic-Fil-A?

Children - I love CFA...  They bring something unique to the fast food seen.  Chicken sandwiches.  Yummy!  Brother Truett Cathy invented the chicken sandwich.  I planted a seed in his heart to do something brilliant with his life.  He nurtured that seed and wala - CFA was born.  Did you know they play contemporary Christian music in every location?  It's the kind with the hot beat the kids really groove to.  Eat a sandwich and get turned on to me.  LOVE IT!!  Less I digress...

I was in the area doing some surprise inspections on our franchise churches all day yesterday.  Before heading back to our headquarters in New Hope, PA, I thought a CFA seasonal chocolate peppermint milk shakes would hit the spot.  I am riding with Pope Lavartheus in the cruizer, pulling up to the drive-thru.  There's no one there and the lights are off.  What?  CFA is closed?  Then we remembered - it's Sunday.  Brother Cathy has been closed on Sunday from the beginning.  

Do you know how much CFA could add to their bottom line with 52 additional days of business added to their fiscal year?  I see it now - my children visiting CFA after church, eating a delicious chicken sandwich and letting the young'ns enjoy each other's company in the climate controlled fellowship hall designed with kids in mind.  It's a beautiful sight as I think about it.

We could also use CFA as a distribution point for some of our products to be included in the kid's meals.  I think kid sized plastic mugs with 'Jesus Loves Me' artistically written on the side, or maybe a book mark with some of my favorite bible verses printed on it - like a weekly top 10 list.  Parents love making their kids memorize the best quotes from my biography and guide for successful living.  Knowledge of my teachings builds character.  Parents and I have one thing in common - we want what's best for our kids.

I'll be planting more seeds in Truett's heart.  About that shake?

True to You - Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment