Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Brand is Fascinating!

Dudes and Dudettes - This marketing guru put together some nice ideas about what makes a brand resonate.  Jesus! Inc. (NYSE: JSUS) hits a homer on every single criteria - a grand slam when the bases are loaded.  The best line in the write up goes something like this:  The best brands aren't about brands...  they're about bringing people together with your brand.  Amen! Or, as the kids say, "True Dat!"

When I created humans, I never intended them to live in solitary confinement.  A true test of one's character is what they do and how they act when no one is watching.  Anyway, I created you as a social creature.  Every single one of you was put on this planet to interact with one another (and me), share ideas (about me), and partner together (with me) to do great things....  See, the entire universe rotates around me...  I am the sun in your solar system!  Less I digress....

Back onto the brand thing.  Recent pew surveys always talk about and rank brands, logos and their associated companies.  Yeah, everyone always talks about the same old companies.  Nike with the swoosh symbol and the just do it campagin.  Google with their information locating services. Coke with the bottle design and their classic logo.  Apple and their fruit.  McDonald's and the golden arches.  IBM's crafted logo.  Ford's blue oval.  Disney's signature and their reputation for fine family entertainment...  You get the idea.

Have you ever noticed, without fail, they leave JESUS! Inc. out of every single study and survey on branding and corporate identity.  Me and my brand are the trump card making all the others irrelevant.  Sure, the others are pretty recognizable.  Everyone knows what my logo means and what it stands for - me, my movement, the sacrifice I made and my gift to you.  Even a monkey recognizes the cross and knows I created them on the path to creating and perfecting you...  Ever know someone to get confused about what exactly the cross means or represents?  Uh, no.

Do you know why?  Huh, do you?  I'm kinda of a big deal.  I am a universal truth.  I know all and I am known to all.  My message speaks to the core of who you are.  I bring meaning to life.  I give you something to believe in.  (BTW - Brett Michaels and I partnered beautifully on that song) I'm your invisible most bestest friend in the world.  Whoever hasn't herd heard of me, my message, my movement or my club is completely and literally lost.  They must be living under a rock.  I am the giver of life.

And there's one more thing...  They should really look at my brand.  I don't play it safe.  I love on the edge.  Either you love me or you hate me.   I am polarizing - like a pair of 3D glasses.  People fight wars in my name.  People love sharing my message.  I'm a dichotomy of what a good brand is, and what a bad brand isn't.  I'm also the epitome of what a bad brand is and a good brand isn't.  I bring out the best and the worst of humanity.  At the same time, too.  Top that.  This brand's for you.

So to all those "real men of genius" marketing gurus hypothesizing on what makes a great brand from your ivory towers with the stained glass ceilings stand back.  If you really want to research and document a case study for the most successful marketing and branding known to man, look no further than the Father!  That's right.  Shine your spotlight on me and I will show you the way.

Peace Out.

P.S. - It felt good to finally get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment