Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's Palm Sunday!!!

Today is one of the last big hoo-rah parties before the Roman Guards kill me.  So whatya say?  Let's make it a good one.

Back in the day, I rode to Jerusalem on a donkey.  My fans would wave palm branches as I rode by.  People would be singing jubilant anthems.  Then my followers would hand out crosses made from palm stalks to take home as a souvenir - they would wear them for a couple days and then use them as book marks in their bibles or decorations for their houses and Christmas trees.  Whatever....

Not this time. Instead, we are having a parade.  There will be marching bands, floats, drill teams, the shriners doing cool tricks while driving their little cars, horses, clowns and all kinds of cool things.  Maybe we'll even sell balloons.  I will be the Grand Marshall.  I am going to be sitting on the top of a convertible, yellow Corvette.  Joseph and Mary are the honorary drivers.  On the parade route, we will cruise very slowly as to not strain the people following the 'Vette.  It's a long way to Jerusalem.  The apostles, Mary Magdalen will be riding on floats tossing necklaces of beads, candies and toys like lego sets, dreidels, Noah's Ark play sets and puppets.  As we get closer to the city, I hope to see people waiving their hands and flashing me instead of wasting palm branches.  It's gonna be awesome.  Below is a picture of the car we will use to lead the parade.  Do you like it?


As soon as we reach the end of the route, there will be a red carpet.  I will descend from the Corvette.  The pope and the vatican guards will shield me from all the reporters and cameras as I valiantly stroll down the carpet and enter my old mansion.  Being a celebrity is hard work.  I do my best to control the media and my public image.  One thing I really hate is seeing a picture of me on the cover of the National Enquirer with some made up scandal about me and Mary M. having sex out of wedlock.  They say they have Mary's blue dress, voicemail messages and interviews from people who have seen us together.  Remember late last year when I crashed my Escalade into a tree right in front of my own house?  Less I digress...

I hope to see you there.

Love to all - Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment